8 Happy Hour Spots in Sydney on Fridays
Universally loved and locally cherished, the term happy hour has transformed over the last few years from a designated cheap drinking hour into an inviting dose of daily specials on food and drinks at even the most popular locations across Sydney. Traditionally held on a Friday as an end of week celebration, many participating vendors now hold a range of Sydney happy hour offers across the whole week.
Don’t worry if you’re not a local though, we have compiled our favourite happy hour spots in Sydney for you to take advantage of during your stay.
So, where are the best happy hours in Sydney?
Credit: Martin Place Bar
Martin Place Bar - 51 Martin Place, Sydney
Most popular among city workers, this contemporary space is located in the bustling heart of Sydney and offers daily happy hour specials you won’t want to miss! The best is saved for last with $5 drinks on Fridays from 5pm – 8pm.
- Monday (4pm - 8pm) - $4.50 Beer & $5 Wine
- Tuesday (4pm - 9pm) - $5 Sav Blanc & $12 Pizzettes
- Wednesday (6pm - 9pm/10pm) - $14 Rump Steaks & $5 Hahn Super Drys
- Thursday (6pm - 10pm) - $19 burger with Sweet Potato Fries
- Friday (5pm - 8pm) - $5 Drinks
Credit: The Morrison Sydney
The Morrison Bar & Oyster Room - 225 George St, Sydney
Looking for something a little fancier? The Morrison Bar offers a delicious selection of oysters, classy cocktails and chic style. A must visit while in Sydney with happy hour specials running all week!
- All Week (5pm - 7pm) - $5 House beer, Wine & Spirits
- All Week (12pm - 10pm) - $10 Cocktails in the Parlour Bar
- All Week (6pm - 9pm) $10 - Selected Burgers in the Parlour Bar
- All Week (8:30pm - 11pm) - $12 Espresso Martinis
- Wednesday (6pm - 7pm) - $1 Oysters
Credit: El Loco at Slip Inn
El Loco at Slip Inn - 111 Sussex St, Sydney
Mexican food and a happy hour special every day of the week, what more could you possibly need from this Sydney restaurant?
- All Week (6pm - 8pm) - $6 Schooners, Wine & Spirits + $7 Pints
Credit: Royal George Hotel
The Royal George - 320 George St, Sydney
Full of charm and all week specials, The Royal George is always a crowd pleaser with their happy hour offers.
- All Week (5pm - 7pm) - $6 Beer, Wine & Spirits + $1 Spicy Buffalo Wings
Credit: Porterhouse Irish Pub
Porterhouse Irish Pub - 233 Riley St, Surry Hills
Located just across the street from the ADGE Hotel, the Porterhouse Irish Pub will make you feel right at home. Did we mention their happy hour specials run daily and not just on Fridays?
- All Week (12pm - 10pm) - $7 Pints of Guinness, Kilkenny & Magners
Credit: Frankie's Pizza
Frankie’s Pizza - 50 Hunter Street, Sydney
Pizza, pinball and craft beer, what more could you ask for? Frankie’s Pizza is a rocking venue in Sydney boasting huge $3 pizza slices and $3 drinks during their ever-popular daily happy hour!
- All Week (4pm - 6pm) - $3 Pizza Slices & $3 Beer, Wine & Spirits
Credit: Quay Bar
Quay Bar - 31 Alfred St, Sydney
It’s happy hour with a view at the Quay Bar! Enjoy creative cocktails, a bite to eat or some dinner with a little less impact on your wallet with their daily specials.
- Mon, Tue, Wed (5pm - 7pm) - $6 Beer, Wine & Sparkling
- Thursday (6pm - 9pm) - $23 Schnitzel & Beer
- Friday (6pm - 9pm) - $23 Burger & Beer
What are you waiting for?
We highly recommend all of these happy hour spots in Sydney on Fridays or any other day they have specials running. We hope you take advantage of our favourite happy hour locations in Sydney, you won’t regret it!
Please Note*: Happy hour specials and times subject to change by the provider. Please contact the restaurant or bar directly for more information on their happy hour / special offers.